Workshops and Exhibitions
An opportunity to explore your creativity and ideas. Explore different methods of drawing, collage, painting and mixed media.
There is no instruction but a different model each week. We alternate between male and female. Easels & boards provided.
Are you interested in learning the beautiful art of calligraphy? Come along and explore your creativity.
Re-Craft Workshops - Come and re-imagine; Re-Create; Re-use; recycled materials found and beach combed objects into wonderful new creations in exciting experimental ways. Contact Karen 07525 832875
ROTARY YOUNG PHOTOGRAPHER COMPETITION
10.00-4.00. Photographs by some exceptionally talented young people.
PAINTINGS BY JEAN MARKHAM
Introducing Beach Creative
Beach Creative Community Interest Company is based at Beach House, Beach Street, Herne Bay, CT6 5PT (the corner of Beach Street and King's Road, near the market place). View map.
Beach House provides a creative hub that includes studio space, exhibition space, meeting rooms, workshops and office space. We house multiple creative, commercial, community and educational activities for Herne Bay and the local area. It is a convenient and convivial place for professionals, local groups, enterprising initiatives, students and social entrepreneurs to work, meet, sit, study, educate, share and network.
Downstairs we have two galleries, two workshop/meeting rooms and a communal chill out area with kitchen. These spaces are all available for hire at modest costs. There are rooms for anything from a one-off meeting to months of studio space to weekly workshops.
Rooms for Hire
- Meeting room / workshop space costs £8 per hour
- Workshop room for 'messy' work such as pottery costs £10 per hour
- Studio space costs £8 per square meter per month
- Exhibition area 1 costs £100 per week, exhibition area 2 costs £50 per week
To act on an impartial basis to support, advocate, influence and enable the development of creative industries in the Herne Bay district, and to widen community access to, and participation in, the creative arts.
- Support and facilitate an expanding creative business, education and community network
- Champion and advocate on behalf of the creative business, education and community sector in Herne Bay
- Adopt an inclusive approach to the creative arts working with local partners where possible
- To deliver high-quality and challenging opportunities for public interaction with the arts community
- To pursue strategic partnerships of mutual benefit with industry, universities and private sector providers which add value and create capacity for growth.
Artists In Residence
We have an eclectic mix of resident artists (visual and performing) in Beach Creative. Whether they have studios of their own or they share their rooms, there is plenty of space and time to work.
We have monthly meetings where there is a very positive exchange of thoughts and ideas. The chill out room is a often a place where artists meet and chat while making a coffee.Read More